So, way over on my facebook page a friend challenged me to a 10 day challenge. Normally I won’t do these things but this one piqued my interest. It’s a quite a bit different than your normal “challenges”. At least what’s considered normal for Facebook these day!
Here’s the rules:
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now. Day Two: Nine things about yourself. Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart. Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession.
Here’s my Day 5 –
Six things I wish I’d never done:
I’m not a fan of regrets and that’s basically what this list is. I prefer to learn from my mistakes and only make each mistake once because I learned from it so well. So, instead of writing regrets I’m writing things I wish I’d learned differently.
1. I wish I didn’t have to “always” learn things “the hard way” (fortunately this is improving somewhat).
2. I wish I had learned earlier in life that I don’t always have to bite my tongue when things aren’t how I prefer them or think they should be.
3. I wish I’d never said “no” or “not right now” to many things. School. Travel. Missions. Writing. Music.
4. I wish I’d never learned to compromise or settle on things that should be “deal breakers” (fortunately I’ve improved quite a bit here as well).
5. I wish I’d never learned the true art that is procrastination.
6. I wish I hadn’t listened when people told me I wasn’t good enough.
These are beginning to be more draining that I thought they would be. Much harder to write now. You’d think that with the number or items decreasing each day that it would be easier but the opposite is what’s true.