So, way over on my facebook page a friend challenged me to a 10 day challenge. Normally I won’t do these things but this one piqued my interest. It’s a quite a bit different than your normal “challenges”. At least what’s considered normal for Facebook these day!
Here’s the rules:
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession.
Here’s my Day 2 –
Nine things about myself:
1. I’m a dreamer and a realist. The dreamer side of me still wants to write children’s books and do photography full-time and be a freelance/travel writer. The realist side of me says I need to take care of my boys. The realist side wins but the dreamer gets visitation.
2. Some of my happiest memories are from years spent doing volunteer work at church. Everything from Acquire the Fire to NBCAA/USCAA basketball tournaments and whatever is in between. I am happiest in God’s presence.
3. I detest drama. With a passion. Even more so when I find that I have inadvertently created it just by saying a few little words in passing. This is what happens when people misconstrue stuff and don’t ask for clarification before spreading the words around.
4. I prefer conversations that aren’t singularly focused. So if we have different variations of the same conversation every time we speak don’t be offended if I look a little bored. You’re not keeping my interest and I’ve already voiced my opinion – probably multiple times. Continuing a previous conversation, however, is completely different.
5. I have systems and/or lists for just about everything. Doing things “fly by night” is very difficult for me because I like to have things planned. No, I’m not OCD, I just like to know what I’m getting into.
6. Contrary to popular belief I don’t like being the center of attention. Every once in a while it’s expected (birthdays and such) but not daily. I have no problem being extroverted but at the end of the day you’ll find me curled up with a book or asleep – not because I’m being rude but because I need to recharge.
7. I’m learning to be more organic and “green” when it comes to life. I fully believe we should be taking care of our Earth but that is also something that starts with the internal. Take care of things at home before trying to conquer the world.
8. I do want to get remarried at some point but I’m leaving it up to God to show me who’s best for me and the boys. No, I’m not dating anyone and am not a fan of blind dates. Yes, there is an interest and no it’s not up for discussion.
9. I absolutely love being a mom. And even though I work a lot now and may go back to school, I would honestly rather be able to stay home with them all the time. There’s so many things to do in a day that just a couple hours after work is not enough time to spend with them.